Coachella Q&A: PHASES
Last July when we premieredJoywave's remix of "I’m In Love With My Life," PHASES told us “This remix sounds like Joywave picked up our song at a club, danced with it all night, then drove it to the beach, where they made out and watched the sunrise.” To that note, swap the beach for the desert and that's where you'll find us dancing under the sun to this dapper indie-pop foursome this weekend! We had the opportunity to host a Q&A with PHASES leading up to their performance at this year's Coachella Music Festival where we covered everything from what's in their travel survival bag, which fellow-performers they're most excited to see and more!
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
Most friends were like "Sick! Can you get us in!"
Our family members were like "That's wonderful, honey! Can you get us in!!"
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
Everyone in the band has played Coachella before, save for Michael. This will be his first foray into the desert as a performer. He's most excited about the change in perspective, from being a sweaty fan out in the crowd to an artist on stage.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Jumpsuits, nicotine lozenges, fresh underwear, and a phone charger.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
We've got Hangout Fest in May, which we're all super pumped for, but before we leave we're playing the Roxy on May 18th!! We know how to keep a promise. Come rip it up on the Sunset Strip with us.