Coachella Q&A: Strangers You Know
Aside from having one of the best band names, Strangers You Know also have the music to complete the package. We're talking if the neighborhood ice cream truck blared their tunes while driving down the street, the children would flock, and their older hip babysitters would be close behind. Note: don't take candy from a stranger, but definitely devour all the banjos, 808s and "Deep-Indie-Folk-Pop with a tinge of electro" Strangers You Know are dishing out. We had the opportunity to host a Q&A with Grady Lee from the band leading up to the their performance at this year's Coachella Music Festival. We covered everything from what's in their travel survival bag, to which fellow-performers they're most looking forward to seeing, and more. Check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
My friend owns a music club in Santa Barbara and he had a bottle of Dom with my name on it.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
This will be my fourth year in a row going, and I've got scars to prove it. Last year I got knocked out, and woke up in the EMT.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Coconut water. And we've got a few rabbits in the hat.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
The announcements are only going to get more exciting. I got both pinkies ready.