Coachella Q&A: CLAPTONE
Day one and two of Coachella should be used as a warm-up to CLAPTONE's performance Sunday afternoon in the Sahara tent. We had the opportunity to host a Q&A with the golden masked producer to cover everything from the 'Immortal Live' experience, his summer tour, which fellow performers that he's looking forward to seeing, and more. Check out it:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
People love Coachella, so besides countless 'wow' s and ' great' s there is a large number of fans that instantly said they would come this year to see Claptone make his Coachella debut and be part of the 'Immortal Live' experience. We also have the director of the show Peter Martin coming. His name might not ring a bell, but he worked on countless great shows from the Gorillaz to Flume and on to of hat has been involved in Banksy docs Exit Through The Gift Shop and Wasteland.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
This is my first time and I am very excited, cause this is the US festival everyone talks about and as I mentioned before everyone is here.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Yes to extra special, but as you know I love secrets and can't give anything away just now I'm afraid.
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
There are so many. I prepared a 'Coachella Thru My Mask' Mix for SiriusXM which includes many of my favourite artists that perform this year. They will probably broadcast it right after the festival, so watch out for this secret to be revealed.
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
I have a show packed summer including an extensive Ibiza- and Festival- season incl. Glastonbury ahead of me. On top of that I will launch my very own party series 'The Masquerade' in Berlin, Barcelona, Ibiza and London to take it to the States later this year. And I am indeed planning to come back to Los Angeles, maybe sooner than you think...