Coachella Q&A: Cut Snake
Don't worry, Cut Snake won't bite. The Australian duo have been slithering all over the US starting in early March from Miami and working their way through twelve states landing in Seattle next month. Before I get too ahead of myself, Cut Snake will be making an appearance this weekend at the Coachella Music Festival in Indio where they'll be coiled up and striking the DoLab Stage bringing their signature "Magic" and "Hocus Pocus" to put party-goers under their spell. We had the opportunity to host a Q&A leading up their performance where we covered everything from fan reactions, what's in their travel survival bag, to what's next on the horizon. Check it out:
1. When the Coachella lineup was announced, what's the best reaction you received from a fan, friend, or family member?
Not much from our mates hahah! But from the fans it has been epic, so many of them have been sending funny Snapchats, saying they can’t wait and they will be seeing us there to go mad with us. A lot of messages on Facebook as well, so that’s cool.
2. Are you a Coachella newbie? If so, what are you most excited or most nervous about? If you're a veteran, what's the one story that encapsulates your past Coachella experience? You know, the tale that all your friends make you tell over and over again.
Nah we’re vets now, but the first year we went there fifteen of us newbies and we ended up at this estate, which had two stages and massive man made lake on a huge compound which was as big as a festival in Australia. We partied there for two days thinking it was Coachella, but it was just some millionaires joint throwing a massive party hahaha.
3. What's in your Coachella survival bag and does that bag include any extra special add-ons for your set that we can look forward to?
Mate, one year we got caught in that dust storm and we were eating dust for 6 months after that so definitely a ban danner for the head! Sunscreen all day it gets hot out there! And whilst pounding five hundred beers, its always good to get some of that gorgeous H20 down ya throat. As for the show, you’re gonna have to wait for those surprises!!!
4. What fellow Coachella artist are you most likely to watch front & center both weekends?
Can’t wait to see ICE CUBE! Last time when Dr. Dre did his bit at Coachella, it was probably the best thing I’ve seen since slice bread. So hopefully Ice Cube busts out with all the legends!!! Then there is heaps of others we wanna see, its a great line up and the best thing about it is ya just drift around and catch acts all day.
5. Post-Coachella, anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe? Do you promise to tell KKS next time you play in LA? Pinky promise?
We're back in the studio working on a new EP and finishing the rest of our US tour now. We're playing the Vestal Village the first weekend and the Do Lab on the 2nd! And YES your IN for any shows ya want !!!!