Splash House Q&A: SNBRN
I can not think of another artist whose name is more appropriately fit for a music and pool festival in Palm Springs. Luckily, this SNBRN directs his heat to the stage and melts faces rather than ice cream. If you're unfamiliar with this Los Angeles-based producer, welcome to planet Earth. We're creeping on two years since SNBRN released "Raining," one of his first tracks that had our ears giving a double-take, where he conjured the dance gods and literal cats and dogs began to hail. Ever-since, it's been a constant downpour of steep builds, synth hooks and chilling melodies.
We had the chance to host a Q&A with SNBRN leading up to his performance at this month’s Splash House – hosted across two venues in Palm Springs for one amazing weekend. We covered everything from his typical day-to-day, to what’s in his travel survival bag, to what’s next on the horizon. Check it out:
1.Thanks for taking the time out to talk with us! First question, and it’s 100% real… Do you sleep? Your accomplishments are inspiring not only to your fans and music lovers alike, but to young aspiring artists. How do you divide your time to tackle everything on your plate? In diary format, can you take us through a typical day in the life?
Hahaha I generally make up all my sleep on Mondays, but I only really need 6 hours a night. 6AM: Playing the after-party still or working on the computer 8AM: Sleep ? 11AM: Gym and Breakfast 2PM: Studio 5PM: Studio / Festival 8PM: Dinner maybe some TV 11PM: Club set or Studio
2. When the Splash House lineup was announced, what’s the best reaction you received from a fan or friend?
I think I would have gotten more of a reaction if I wasn’t playing Splash House haha. I’ve played so many years now it’s become a second home to me.
3. Playing so many gigs per year, what do you keep in your travel survival bag? Does that bag include any extra special add-ons for the desert, and your Splash House set that we can look forward to? Any peeks into your set that you can share with us?
1) 10 ft iPhone Charger 2) At least 3 lighters 3) Chapstick……….for the desert, shorts, sunglasses & sunscreen are a must.
4. What fellow Splash House artist are you most likely to watch front & center?
I’m really excited to see RÜFÜS DU SOL again. Bloom was definitely one of my favorite albums this year.
5. Lastly, the obligatory question of What can we expect from you in the coming months/year ahead? Anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe?
I’ve got a ton of more festivals planned out for the rest of the summer, Asia tour in September and been working on tunes in my new studio.
Bonus question: Describe yourself with three emojis.