Splash House Q&A: Viceroy
With his performance at this month’s Splash House – a Pool & Music Festival hosted across two venues in Palm Springs for one amazing weekend - around the corner, we once again lured the Sultan of Summer himself Viceroy over to our hammock where we had the chance to host a Q&A to cover everything from his best fan reactions, what’s in his travel survival bag, to what’s next on the horizon. Slip on some shades, and check it out:
1. Thanks for taking the time out to talk with us! First question, and it’s 100% real… Do you sleep? Your accomplishments are inspiring not only to your fans and music lovers alike, but to young aspiring artists. How do you divide your time to tackle everything on your plate? In diary format, can you take us through a typical day in the life?
My daily routine is quite boring which is honestly great. I try to work normal business hours and sleep during normal sleeping hours. It gives you a nice rhythm and keeps you sane.
6AM: Still getting my beauty sleep. Extremely important! 7:00AM: At the gym or going for a run. Great way to start your day and it’s important to keep in shape with all the traveling. I like waking up early. So much more time to get stuff done! 9AM: Breakfast. 9:30-10:30am: going through emails, and taking care of any errands I have to do. 10:30am: daily call my my manager to go over tasks. 11am-6pm: Start working on music/any tasks for the day. I dont like to work at night. I like having a somewhat normal sleeping schedule as if I have a normal 9-5. It’s important not to work on music for more than 6-7 hours straight. After 6 hours your ears start to literally get exhausted and lose low frequencies 6PM-9pm: try to use that time to catch up with my friends. I’m not always in town on the weekends because I’m on tour. 9:30: passed out! I love my sleep more than anything.
2. When the Splash House lineup was announced, what’s the best reaction you received from a fan or friend?
I’m the only DJ that’s played every splash house. It’s my favorite festival as a performer and attendee. All the homies are there and it’s intimate. My fans love it because this festival and I were made to be. Couldn’t be a better match!
3. Playing so many gigs per year, what do you keep in your travel survival bag? Does that bag include any extra special add-ons for the desert, and your Splash House set that we can look forward to? Any peeks into your set that you can share with us?
As a Splash House Veteran, I like to think I’ve figured out how to survive splash house properly. 1) Get a house: I love the hotel life at splash house, but it’s nice to go to your own house and have house parties with the homies. 2) Sunscreen: it’s the desert! 3) Margaritas: plenty of them
I’m bringing my sax player again this year. Should be a good time.
4. What fellow Splash House artist are you most likely to watch front & center?
Def catch the homies sets like SNBRN for sure. Excited to peep Rufus and claptone and 100% wanna see snakehips. So many good artists!
5. Lastly, the obligatory question of What can we expect from you in the coming months/year ahead? Anything exciting on the horizon we should know about and share with the universe?
I just released my most recent single “Fade Out” featuring Gavin Turek. It’s not a club song, but an absolute jam. I plan on releasing some more originals, mixtapes and remixes some other surprises :)
Bonus question: Describe yourself with three emojis. ? ? ?